Ramadan Seen Through the Eyes of a Child
We are looking for the most inspiring stories about Ramadan!
Ramadan as seen through the eyes of a child is magical.
What are the memories and experiences of Ramadan that stands out most for you?
What are the sights sounds and smells that inspire you with awe?
What is even cooler – this contest is for adults too!
2 categories of entries:
- Adult’s stories – we will accept submissions from adults telling the story of their most memorable Ramadan as a child.
- Children’s stories – these will be the fresh experiences of children as they see Ramadan with their family, friends and communities.
Turning Vibrant Stories into Animated TV Series
Your short stories should paint a picture of the richness of Muslim life while fasting. We want to hear descriptive stories of life during Ramadan from rural villages in Asia in the 1950s, to the bustling streets of Cairo, to a small masjid in the mid-west of the USA.
During the last week of Ramadan, we will select the finalists. These winning stories will be turned into an animated TV series for Ramadan next year and for years to come, inshaAllah.
Your stories will be featured on Muslim Kids TV and potentially be broadcast on other TV channels too.
Upload your story & cool pictures to the Create and Share page for a chance to win cash prizes.
How to Do It?
- Write your story (maximum 2,500 words or less)
- Collect some cool pictures that help tell your story (photos, drawings, etc.)
- Log into your account on Muslim Kids TV.
- Upload your story and pictures to https://muslimkids.tv/contests/contest/114/
There will be a cash prize of $25 for the adult and child stories. Plus the winning stories will be turned into a short animation.
- Enter as many times as you want
- Stories will be judged by a panel of Muslim Kids TV guest judges
- Parents will be notified if their child’s submission is selected and arrangements will be made to send the prize money
- All decisions of MKTV judges will be final
DON’T HAVE A MUSLIM KIDS TV MEMBERSHIP? THEN EMAIL YOUR STORIES TO [email protected]
SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS February 25, 2016. CONTEST WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED March 15, 2016